The profile tests the adrenal hormones DHEA-S and diurnal cortisol. When individuals experience continuous stress, not only from emotional stressors (e.g., marital, financial, and occupational) but also from physical stressors (e.g., sleep deprivation, caffeine consumption, pain, extreme exercise), it can lead to changes in adrenal hormone levels, related to disorders ranging from anxiety to infertility.
Consider for: PTSD, hormone imbalance, sexual dysfunction, weight gain, menstrual irregularities, anxiety and depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, low energy, digestive disorders, and any other conditions influenced by stress or past trauma.
About Saliva Testing:
- Saliva testing identifies bioavailable hormone levels – the active quantity that’s free to move into body tissue. Its non-invasive nature also make it the gold standard for tests requiring multiple collections, such as diurnal cortisol.
- ZRT developed the methodology making saliva hormone testing commercially viable
- Only lab to perform extraction — the accepted methodology for research studiesNo special shipment methods required
- Samples are stable during shipping, even over the weekend and holidays
- Assessing “free” (unbound to carrier proteins) hormone levels
- Monitoring hormone replacement given orally, topically, vaginally or via pellets
- Determining diurnal cortisol levels (4 times during 1 day) for adrenal stress assessment
Not Suitable for:
- Monitoring sublingual / troche hormone replacement
- Patients with dry mouth, e.g. due to Sjögren’s Syndrome
Saliva tests are done from the comfort and convenience of your own home. No need to visit a physical lab. Return shipping to ZRT Laboratory is included. The results of your test(s) will be returned directly to you with analysis and explaination. You may share your test results with your healthcare provider if you choose.
*Please note, residents of CA, NY, and MD require a physician's prescription for lab tests.